Charges and Payment
Payment is due 30 days following the date of the invoice.
- Cheques should be made payable to Tuneside Limited. Payment by BACS is also accepted provided remittance advice is provided detailing the invoice number.
- In the event of late payment, Tuneside Limited reserves the right to claim statutory compensation and charge interest on a daily basis from the date payment was due in accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (interest) Act 1998.
- All charges will be subject to VAT at the current rate.
- Prices are correct at time of going to press but may be subject to increase.
Confirmation by Client
- All bookings are considered as provisional until we are in receipt of the completed booking form and a purchase order number.
- Should a purchase order number not be provided before the day of the event, the event will be cancelled.
- Final numbers must be confirmed not less than 5 full weekdays in advance of the event. This will be the basis on which the client is charged.
- The client will be charged if delegate numbers increase on the day of the event.
- The cost of additional items, including printing and audio-visual equipment, which are added on the day of the event, will be added to the final invoice.
- The venue reserves the right to change the allocated room/rooms at short notice, particularly in the event of a reduction in delegate numbers.
- Cancellation of an event must be made in writing and may render the client liable for cancellation charges.
- We will endeavour to re-sell the facilities. In the event that this has not been possible, we will charge 90% of the room hire cost and 65% of the agreed cost of catering.
- Should a smaller group book the facilities, we will reduce the cancellation charge by the income generated.
- The centre is open from 8am. Access before this time is only with agreement with the centre, prior to the event.
- The rooms are available for the time shown on the confirmation sheet. An extension may incur additional charges.
- You must inform the Venue if you have booked entertainment, services or activities for you event.
- The Venue reserves the right to approve any externally arranged entertainment, services or activities.
- The Client is liable for any damage to the room, furniture or equipment.
- Delegates may smoke in the designated smoking area only.
- The use of candles and helium balloons is prohibited.
- Noise levels must be kept to a reasonable level.
- Furniture must not be moved.
- The Venue does not accept responsibility or liability for the loss or damage to personal property belonging to the Client or delegates.
- Vehicles and contents are left on the premises at the owner’s risk.
- The Venue does not allow food or alcohol to brought on to the premises.
- The Client shall not be liable for any loss or inconvenience or in any other way should it be necessary in exceptional circumstances for any event to be cancelled on account of matters beyond its control e.g. fire, flood or electrical failure. In such an eventuality, every effort will be made to arrange the booking to a suitable date or to find an alternative venue.
Health and Safety
- Delegates and visitors are required to comply with all health, safety and fire instructions issued.
- Fire doors must not be obstructed at any time.